Re: [rfa] FRV input files

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 01:50:13PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> >Thank you.  That's all I wanted you to do.  Binutils _already uses
> >files generated from frv CGEN input_.  You can go look at it yourself,
> >in opcodes/.  So if you're going to contribute a different version of
> >the file
>
> I don't like the implication here.
>
> If I were to contribute a version of a file that contains code changes
> that impact on other parts of FSF's binutils, I would indicate that up
> front.
>
> Similarly, if I were to apply a license that in anyway varied from the
> GPL, I'll also indicate that up front.

However, since that was obviously the concern - and a reasonable one,
since you never phrased your patch in such a way as to say the copies
were the same - then it behooves you to say that there are no changes.

Your message said nothing about acknowledging the copy of the code
already in src.  In fact, I remember you saying it actually came from
an internal tree.  The reason for my concern should be obvious.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz