Re: c4x - TMS320C30-40

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
I think I spot a misconception: the GCC target directory name
does *not* mandate the actual target name.  See xstormy16 which
lives in stormy16/.  It had a name-change after the port was
included.

Yes, we have done the same thing in respect of the c4x/tic4x target. gcc accept both versions.

(BTW, tic4x-elf *should* expand to tic4x-unknown-elf.  There
should be no need to provide a company field; if there is, it's
a bug.)

Yes, that is what I thought as well...

Then you please tell how to make sure that when the user enters ./configure --target=tic4x, he will with the wind up with the 'tic4x-unkown-coff'?

I mean, every time I try to alter config.sub to support the tic4x-elf config, it always answers 'tic4x-unknown-none'. But the BFD requires the last term to be "coff", not "none". Where can I set this default?

Regards, Svein