Re: PATCH: Very interesting IA64 gas bug

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 08:15, H. J. Lu wrote:
> The one on my list is to fix elf_fake_sections so that type section
> type doesn't depend on section name. We have 20 bits to use in
> struct sec. Should I give it a shot?

I suppose if you really want to try, it wouldn't hurt.  I am not really
a bfd expert, but I suspect it will be hard to get bfd to stop using
section names.  They are used in too many places in bfd.  This is one of
the reasons why Ulrich Drepper came up with libelf.  libelf doesn't use
section names for classifying sections.

Jim