Re: Section layout with ld script for flash based ARM system :what's wrong?

Hi Vincent,

> Does somebody could give me some advice to organize memory sections
> with an ld script for a flash/RAM based system?

Would it be possible for you to put together a complete, and small,
example ?  (ie linker script, an object file or two and a
makefile/description of the command line used)

> The problem that arises is that I have lots of "Relocation truncated
> to fit" errors and I do not understand why.

These errors arise because the linker is trying to resolve branches
and function calls over very large distances.  (ie more than the
26-bit addressing range support by ARM instructions).

Cheers
        Nick