This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: mips abi=n32 missing HI16 relocations (126.96.36.199)
- From: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- To: Ken Faiczak <kfaiczak at SANDVINE dot com>
- Cc: "'bug-binutils at gnu dot org'" <bug-binutils at gnu dot org>,"'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:13:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: mips abi=n32 missing HI16 relocations (188.8.131.52)
- References: <FE045D4D9F7AED4CBFF1B3B813C85337010BD9AE@mail.sandvine.com>
Ken Faiczak wrote:
> Is there a fix I can make to get this to work in 184.108.40.206
> I note something from firstname.lastname@example.org on the binutils mailing list
> 'NEWABI bogon in 2001-10-04 change to macro_build_lui'
> (and I note the latest sources (main and the 2.14 branch) has the
> HAVE_NEWABI check moved in the macro_build_lui)
> which states the same problem, not sure if its referring to 2.14 issues or
> Q: Does n32 work with 220.127.116.11 if I got this fixed?
> Or are there multiple other issues I'm goint to run into?
> Q: Is there a fix for this small issue?
> ie. can I simply change the macro_build_lui() fn
> to move the check into the assert as it is in the
The patch from cgd should also apply for 2.13, but some other n32 issues
> Q: Should I wait for 2.14? When is it going to be officially available?
> or should I just download it and build it now.
The prerelease is already available, the final version will be in a
few days. IMHO it's the best choice for n32.
> Q: Is there some documentation as to all the other ABI
> ie. eabi,
There seems to be no real documentation for EABI.