This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: mips abi=n32 missing HI16 relocations (126.96.36.199)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Ken Faiczak <kfaiczak at SANDVINE dot com>
- Cc: "'bug-binutils at gnu dot org'" <bug-binutils at gnu dot org>,"'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:24:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: mips abi=n32 missing HI16 relocations (188.8.131.52)
- References: <FE045D4D9F7AED4CBFF1B3B813C85337010BD9AE@mail.sandvine.com>
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:49:03PM -0400, Ken Faiczak wrote:
> I have gcc 3.2.3 and binutils 184.108.40.206
> running and have built it for miltiple ABI's
> system is mips-wrs-vxworks (elf)
> I'd like to switch from using o64 to n32
> but the relocations are all missing the hi16 part.
> I note there have been significant changes in this area
> in gas/config/tc-mips.c for 2.14
> Is there a fix I can make to get this to work in 220.127.116.11
> I note something from firstname.lastname@example.org on the binutils mailing list
> 'NEWABI bogon in 2001-10-04 change to macro_build_lui'
> (and I note the latest sources (main and the 2.14 branch) has the
> HAVE_NEWABI check moved in the macro_build_lui)
> which states the same problem, not sure if its referring to 2.14 issues or
> Q: Does n32 work with 18.104.22.168 if I got this fixed?
> Or are there multiple other issues I'm goint to run into?
No, in general I believe it will _not_ work. It may mostly work, since
I don't believe vxworks has shared libraries, which is where a lot of
the trouble was; but there are a host of other little problems. Please
try the 2.14 snapshot, or the final release available shortly.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer