Re: importing another file into top-level include directory?

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

> libiberty/; libiberty's part of include/
> 	gcc: http://gcc.gnu.org
> 	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official GCC
> 	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
> 	in via a merge.  Note: approved patches in gcc's libiberty
> 	are automatically approved in this libiberty also; feel free
> 	to merge them yourself if needed sooner than the next merge.
> 	Otherwise, changes are automatically merged, usually within
> 	a day.
>
> ("libiberty's part of include" means any file there common between gcc
> and src)

This discussion reminds me that I'd like to import include/filenames.h
into the gcc CVS.  It would replace a bunch of xm-*.h gunk.  That file
is listed as "part of BFD, the Binary File Descriptor library" -- does
that raise any issues?  I don't anticipate needing to make any changes
to the file; gcc already uses all the same macro names.

zw