Re: [Patch]: Fix a windres (rcparse.y) parsing bug for controls without text fields

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 04:07:49PM +1000, Danny Smith wrote:
>Okay, here is a revised patch that avoids code duplication (and, in fact,
>make it easier to separate out some more inconsistencies between rc and
>windres independently -- later. Thanks Chris).

Wow, it's much more invasive than the last patch but I guess that's to
be expected.  My yacc grammar parsing skills are slightly rusty but
this looks fine to me.  Please check in.

>On further testing with MS rc.exe I am finding that, in some cases, the
>leading text field in control definition statements is not optional with
>MS rc.exe but obligatory. That is, gnu windres (before or after my proposed
>patch) accepts syntax for which rc.exe reports syntax errors. Should I
>incorporate these additional changes (to make make windres fail or warn) now
>or do that separately since those changes are orthogonal to what *this patch
>does?

I agree with Ian on this one.  I see no reason why windres can't be more flexible
than rc.  So, I don't think that we need to be error compliant if there is a
reasonable default behavior.

cgf