Re: ARM mapping symbols

> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone knows what happened to Keith Walker and its patch for the ARM mapping
> symbols (original post is here:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2000-07/msg00082.html)
>
> It seems it has not been checked in : when I look at the symbol table of a
> simple program (arm-elf-objdump -t), I cannot see them (using binutils-2.14)
>
> It seemed to be a copyright assignment issue, as Nick pointed out...
>
> Any news?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent

It's sort of on hold at the moment.  Since:

1) It doesn't quite work (gdb sees the mapping symbols in back-traces
(that's not very helpful)
2) The EABI may do something slightly different.

It's not been forgotten, it really is needed to get some issues right in
ARMv6 (and it can make debugging much less painful).

R.