Re: how far from a mach-o ld?

Adam Megacz wrote:

I've noticed that bfd supports mach-o... what (beyond various
configury) would be needed to produce a usable ld?  It doesn't have to
be fast.  I just need a powerpc-apple-darwin linker that can run on
i86-linux (Apple's hacked up ld is strewn with MacOSX-specific stuff).

It would be pretty heinous I think.  New kinds of relocs, unusual
types of sections to create, etc. Mach-O is as different from ELF
as COFF is, and there are a lot of special options that you'd need
to build the variety of shlibs and execs that people use on Darwin.
GDB doesn't really need much of BFD to work, and that's the only
part that has been ported so far.

Stan