Re: [patch/RFC] ld/pe-dll.c: mark .reloc section as discardable unless building a relocatable dll

Charles Wilson wrote:

Danny Smith wrote:

Funny, this was a hot topic of debate on cygwin-apps/developers(?) about a year ago. Nobody could remember how exactly to make a dll non-relocatable. It came up because we were thinking of doing fancy non-reloc stuff for cygwin1.dll to help with the "fork/exec problem". But instead "we" developed the rebase tool...

Well not to stir things up, but I don't think the book should be closed on this issue [maybe I "misread" your statement?]. No offense to Jason, but rebase was and still is a kludge to paper over a more pervasive problem in Cygwin's fork. Unfortunately, it will have to suffice until a better solution is found :-/. Of course, this probably isn't the best list to start in on this...

Cheers,
Nicholas