Re: Removal of VAX/VMS support

On 30.07.2003 12:45:01 AST DJ Delorie wrote:

> longer) and are bitrotting?

We must be careful however not to exclude platforms just because they do not have a gcc/gdb port.

I think the key part of the criteria should be, as noted, "and bitrotting". If it works, we should keep it. If it stops working and nobody wants to fix it, *then* it becomes a candidate.

I second this opinion.

Lint, clean or dirty, is still lint. If no one is maintaining a target it should go. If a platform is dead, it should go. It should not be left lying around on the off case that someone chooses to revive it - that's what the CVS repository is for.

The maintainers don't have the resources to spring clean all those obscure targets every time a core change is made. Trying to this only results in much wasted effort and a bunch of buildable yet still broken targets.

Andrew