Re: Removal of VAX/VMS support

> Catch 22.  If you don't try to break/delete target's, you'll never
> delete any dead ones.

Eventually, the users will break it for us.

> > I agree.  But that doesn't give us an excuse to dump a port that *is*
> > working.
>
> Unless someone is using the target, how do you know it's working?

We don't.  But we know when it stops working, because someone out
there will try to use it, and tell us.

> I think the problem here is that people seriously underestimate the
> overhead of maintaining multiple targets.

So don't maintain them.  Just ignore them until someone makes noise
about them.

> BINUTILS being able to boast support for N dead targets helps no one,
> least of all the BINUTILS developer community.

We won't support them.  But I see no sense in removing them "just
because".  Either we know they're broken, or we don't.  If we don't
know, there's no point wasting time even deleting them.  Just ignore
them, maybe they work and maybe they don't.  If we find out they don't
work later, then delete them.

Until someone tries to use them, finds out they're broken, asks for
help, and doesn't get any response (and doesn't try to fix it
themselves - you never know) we don't know they're obsoletable.