Re: [Patch] ld config bits for i860 coff target

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:33:16PM -0500, Jason Eckhardt wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Alan Modra wrote:
> > This shows a bug in the 000227 version..
>
>   So lemme get this straight--  I'm using the officially blessed
>   version, yet it spews a bogus Makefile.in?

Exactly.

>   Let me ask my original question in a different way to those of you
>   who actually re-generate Makefile.in:  Where is a officially working,
>   officially blessed version-- that is, where did you get _your_ version?

Off a Redhat web site somewhere.  version 1.4-p6, but I have some local
diffs to fix the maintainer-clean-generic problem.

>   Perhaps README-maintainer-mode should be updated with this
>   information.

The reason I haven't made this available is that I'm not completely
happy with it.  At least, the corresponding autoconf version
occasionally generates configure with syntax errors..

>   In the meantime, I've edited out the bogus diff hunks by hand and
>   committed this version:

None of the binutils maintainers could really complain if you just
committed the 000227 generated code, but thanks for doing the edit.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre