Re: Patches to move cgen files to C90 with prototypes

Hi -

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:42:30PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> [...]
> > Do you reckon anyone is going to be interested in something as
> > trivial as a conversion to C90?
>
> Yes.  The conversion might possibly introduce a bug.  Or someone might
> want to get hold of the latest version of the function prior to its
> conversion to C90.

Given that such mechanical conversions end up being done en-masse for
all the functions in a given file, anyone wanting to know those things
could find the single line
	* file.c: c90-ized.
and understand.

Would you be of the same opinion if someone checked in, say, code
that's reformatted with the most fashionable indent settings?

> Or, there could be any number of reasons.

Perhaps.

> Including the function names in the ChangeLog entry when doing these
> conversions is tedious but it is not that hard to do so I think that
> it is worthwhile.

On the downside, it renders the ChangeLog so tediously verbose that
manual browsing is frustrated.  People not only search through ChangeLog
files for functions of interest.  They sometimes want to scan it top
to bottom.

- FChE