redhat 9 seg fault app. 7.3 works fine

I mainly use redhat 7.3 things work fine.
I want to switch to redhat 9 but after recompiling everything
and relinking (all seemed to go well) and running my app it
seg faulted.

I installed gcc295 on redhat 9 as commercial libraries forced
me to use 295 not gcc3.2. That is fine with me.

The commercial libraries use dynamic linking. So I am wondering
what the difference is between the to linkers for 7.3 and redhat 9?

The seg fault is see is related to the dynamic linking.

ANy help is appreciated.

Jerry geis