Re: [patch] ld speedup 1/3 (suffix merge)

> > The resulting profile is still very lopsided (30% of time is spent in
> > sec_merge_hash_lookup), so there may be more opportunities to speed
> > things up, but your patch alone helps a great deal.
>
> That's the second patch Michael and I did on the KDE meeting. We'll post a
> patch for that as well.

Sorry, should finish my coffee before writing emails.

We didn't do anything about this one (although we saw the problem) as it would
require some bigger changes in the internals of binutils to avoid the
repeated calculations of the elf hash value (ie. calculate it once and store
it along with the string).

Lars