Re: coff testsuite failures

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Nick Clifton wrote:
> I am checking in the patch below which should fix these tests for
> nearly all targets.

Sorry.  As said in
<URL:http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-05/msg00259.html>,
I tested on cris-axis-elf, i686-pc-linux-gnu and
mmix-knuth-mmixware which I thought would represent all
necessary flavors.  Now I know better.

>  According to my checks the tests still fail for:
>
>   alpha-unknown-osf4.0  : Reports the symbols as having type 'N' not 't'.

Seems like a bug; .text isn't a debug section, if this 'N' is as
in bfd/syms.c.

>   iq2000-elf            : Cannot handle the '#' character in the source file.

That target has an empty line_comment_chars, but "#" is in
comment_chars, so it seems unintuitive that that would happen.
If it doesn't handle "#" at the beginning of a line, I think it
will have problems with GCC-preprocessed output.

>   rs6000-aix4.3.3       : Does not emit the 'b' symbol.

For all the tests or for some of the tests?  Either way, that
would be a bug too, AFAICT.  I don't see a reason why b would be
left out; that's a critical bit of the bug-test.

Maybe XFAIL them (suggest locally in each of app[1-4].d) as
appropriate, if no maintainer rushes in?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Does anyone have a favorite list of target to test sweeping
changes on?  I'm finished with my "ld" stuff for MMIX and would
like to test it broadly.  (Or I'll become desperate and look in
ld/configure.tgt and the mailing lsit archive. :-)

brgds, H-P