Deadline for including new ports in a release ?

Hi,

We are in the process of submitting a binutils port to National Semiconductor's
CR16C architecture (the copyright assignments are signed, the employer
disclaimer is in process).

The current code we have is for binutils 2.12. Now we need to merge with the
mainline and submit patches. In this regard I have the following questions:

In order to be included in 2.15, is there a deadline for sumitting the new
port ?

In case the port is not included in 2.15, could it be included in a non-major
release (2.15.x) ?

Is there an apporximation for the length of time inbetween 2.15 and such
a sequential release ?

Thanks,
Galit.