Re: need to know the "correct" way to modify pe.sc

Jonathan Wilson <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> writes:

> Basicly, I need to do something like this:
>    .tls : {
>      *(.tls)
>      *(.tls$)
>      SORT (.tls$*)
>    }
> But I dont know where to put it.

Look at an executable file generated by the Windows linker.  The
sections should be more or less in the same order as they appear in
pe.sc.  Put the .tls section in the right place to keep the sections
more or less in the same order.

> Also, I dont know if any of the foo that is done for other area like this:
> ${RELOCATING+BLOCK(__section_alignment__)}
> or like the special stuff for R_xxx
> is needed for this thing.

I believe that implements the --section-alignment option supported by
the linker.  You should use that if the .tls section is loaded into
memory at runtime, which I would presume that it is.

Ian