Re: PATCH RFC: Fix ARM bug by splitting up iwmmxt_movsi_insn

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:

> So yes, it appears that the wCx registers are differentiated by using the
> cond=0xf encoding and the others have a normal cond field.  Of course
> normally you store the wRx registers anyway.  It would be nice to
> generate predicated wstrw instructions for wRx.

As far as I can tell, gcc will never generate wldrw for wRx,
predicated or otherwise.  Note that there is no `y' variant in
iwmmxt_movsi_insn.

The only modes which gcc permits in a wRx register are V2SI, V4HI,
V8QI, and DI, all of which are 8 bytes long.  There is no support for
other sizes, and I don't see any case in which gcc will generate
w{ldr,str}{b,h,w} for those registers.

I don't know enough about iWMMXt to know whether it would make sense
to have values of other sizes in those registers.

Ian