Re: [committed] Fix ld segfault on hppa-unknown-linux-gnu

Hi Alan,

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 12:46:01PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> > This fixes a segfaulted encounter linking libjava on hppa-unknown-linux-gnu.
> >       * elf32-hppa.c (elf32_hppa_relocate_section): Skip relocation if
> >       output section has been discarded.
>
> This leaves R_PARISC_NONE relocs in the output, doesn't it?  Appropriate
> tweaking in allocate_dynrelocs should cure that.

Yes, I see one.  Randolph Chung has the gcc patch to allow building
libjava.  Something must have changed in the last month or so to cause
this.  I was a bit surprised that the reloc survived this late in the
link but didn't have a huge amount of time to investigate.

I know there is a somewhat similar problem with PLABEL32 relocs
and linkonce sections.

> Hmm, what really needs to be done is for the dyn rel code in
> check_relocs, allocate_dynrelocs and relocate_section to be updated to
> use SYMBOL_CALLS_LOCAL and/or SYMBOL_REFS_LOCAL.  Maybe I ought to do
> that..  Trouble is, it's not so easy for me to test hppa stuff these
> days.

Thanks.  I understand Randolph has set up an account for you on gsyprf11
to allow you to burn a few pa cycles.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)