Re: NOP_OPCODE

Hi Vineet,

> The GAS 2.13.1 design does not take care of filling the
> alignment(rs_fill frag) if NOP_OPCODE is greater than 1 byte.It just
> fills it with the first byte of NOP_OPCODE. It is a big
> limitation. Has any one encountered this kind of problem? Any
> suggestions/help?

You have not mentioned which platform you are using.  It is possible
that this is a platform specific bug.  Similarly you have not provided
a test case so we cannot evaluate whether there is some kind of
problem with the way that the link is being performed.

> Has this been taken care in 2.14 version?

This problem was actually fixed a long time ago, and the fix is in the
2.13 sources.  If you would care to download the 2.14 sources however
you may find that the problem is solved due to other bugs being fixed.

Cheers
        Nick