Re: bug-binutils@gnu.org

    This is a delicate issue, because the FSF insists that the
    bug-binutils address be the official bug reporting address.  Which is
    reasonable, given that this is an FSF project. The address does work -
    it is just that the amount of spam in it means that very few people
    read it, and so most of the development work is being carried out on
    the sourceware list.

It is absolutely essential to pay attention to bug reports sent to
bug-binutils.  The spam problem should not be so hard to solve.  Is
our spam filtering activated on that list?  If not, activating it
would probably be enough to make it manageable.

Please write to sysadmin@gnu.org to ask for this.

If spam filtering already is activated, we could try reducing the
threshold for marking a message as spam.

    I think that a patch like the one below might be acceptable, but we
    will have to check with the FSF to make sure.

That is not a solution to the problem.  Mail sent to the standard
address needs to get handled.  Anyway, once the new address gets
known, it too will get spam.