Re: bug-binutils@gnu.org

"Ian Lance Taylor via RT" <sysadmin@gnu.org> writes:

> I think it might be best for us to have a separate mailing list
> bug-binutils@gnu.org, with bug-gas@gnu.org and bug-gnu-as@gnu.org as
> aliases.  Full spam blocking should be activated for the new mailing
> list.

Done.

> That is, the spam is sent to binutils@sourceware.org, but it is
> trapped and is not forwarded to the mailing list members.

We receive an enormous amount of spam to gnu.org addresses, much of
which is blocked.  For Mailman lists (which bug-binutils is now one),
if an incoming piece of mail is flagged as spam by SpamAssassin, and
the sender is not subscribed to any GNU mailing list and has not
previously been through a TMDA challenge/response, then TMDA is used
to issue a challenge/response before the mail is delivered to Mailman.
There's also a good bit of sanity checking done at SMTP-time to remove
spam and MS-Windows viruses/worms.