Info about struct members in ELF?

Hi,

from an ELF file i can get some info about a const struct,
for example its address, its size and its content.

Does ELF support me somehow in interpreting the content?

For example "member 2 has offset 6 and size 2"?

I don't think i can get this info from the ELF file,
but the debugger somehow has this information.  I
can't think where else he can get it from.

Thanks for hints,
Torsten.