Re: Segfault with -pie on IA64

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 19:26, Alan Modra wrote:
> Actually, it does handle .rela.opd along with any other .rel*, at least
> when you attach the section to the proper bfd.

Thanks for the comments.

My concern with the strip code in size_dynamic_sections is that it was
not clearing ia64_info->rel_fptr_sec like it does for all of the other
related sections.  So I added a hunk of code for rel_fptr_sec based on
the code for the other related sections.  You are right that it gets
stripped anyways if it is on dynobj.

I also added .rela.opd to the linker script.  I put it in
OTHER_PLT_RELOC_SECTIONS as that seemed reasonable to me.  If this is
wrong I can fix it.

I have checked in the following patch.  This solves the original
testcase from Ian.  It was tested on debian testing (sarge) against the
binutils testsuite.  There were no regressions.