Re: arm-wince-pe support resurrection

Nick,

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Nick Clifton wrote:

> > Nothing shall be relocated inside raw sections data during partial
> > linking if howto->partial_inplace is set to FALSE.

> > *** coff-arm.c.1.49	Wed Dec 17 21:29:45 2003
> > --- coff-arm.c	Fri Dec 19 23:07:11 2003
> > *************** coff_arm_relocate_section (output_bfd, i
> > *** 1734,1743 ****
> >   #endif
> >         else
> >   #endif /* THUMBEXTENSION */
> > !         rstat = _bfd_final_link_relocate (howto, input_bfd, input_section,
> > !                                           contents,
> > !                                           rel->r_vaddr - input_section->vma,
> > !                                           val, addend);
> >   #if 1 /* THUMBEXTENSION */
> >         /* FIXME:
> >   	 Is this the best way to fix up thumb addresses? krk@cygnus.com
> > --- 1734,1746 ----
> >   #endif
> >         else
> >   #endif /* THUMBEXTENSION */
> > !         if (info->relocatable && ! howto->partial_inplace)
> > !             rstat = bfd_reloc_ok;
> > !         else
> > !             rstat = _bfd_final_link_relocate (howto, input_bfd, input_section,
> > !                                               contents,
> > !                                               rel->r_vaddr - input_section->vma,
> > !                                               val, addend);
> >   #if 1 /* THUMBEXTENSION */
> >         /* FIXME:
> >   	 Is this the best way to fix up thumb addresses? krk@cygnus.com
>
> A simpler version of this patch would be to set the 'done' variable if
> performing a relocatable link and the reloc has partial_inplace set as
> false...

Simpler but not safer. The if..else statement before
_bfd_final_link_relocate is conditionally switched on via
#if 1 /* THUMBEXTENSION */
preprocessor directive.

My patch has nothing to do with THUMBEXTENSION, so I don't want the
mentioned conditional compilation to affect the patch.

...Bye..Dmitry.