Re: Delayed loading of DLLs in MinGW

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:10:48PM +0200, Vesselin Peev wrote:
>I searched the binutils and mingw-users lists, as well as USENET, but didn't
>find any discussion of delayed loading. From USENET, it seems that delayed
>further information. BTW, the binutils FAQ couldn't help me either since
>it's empty :)
>I'm dealing with a VC++ 6 project making heavy use of it for compatibility
>b/w Windows 9x and NT, and hope that I can transfer it to MinGW without
>going through any LoadProcAddress hassles.
>Any clues?

Cygwin implements delayed loading via some clever (ahem, cough) asm routines.
I don't know if Microsoft has made this easier since the functions were written,
but you are welcome to look at the current implementation:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/autoload.cc?rev=1.77&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

Remember that cygwin is a GPLed program so if you incorporate this into your
program it must be GPLed as well.

cgf