Re: [rfa/binutils] distclean .cvsignore?

Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org> writes:

> That's because this is the first GDB release since they were added
> (good thing GDB's release process checks for this :-).

Hmmm, they've been there since 2001.

> If distclean isn't the right approach, what is?  Perhaphs the
> top-level release scripts can learn to ignore these?

Yes, I think that is best.

> Also, remember, its GDB and not BINUTILS that is being built 8.3 :-/
>
> For reference:
> http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint_13.html#SEC125

I know.  I'm just pointing out that .cvsignore is only the start.
There are other problems in bfd and opcodes.

I personally think that it is time to drop this antiquated
requirement.  But I won't stop you from trying to adhere to it.  Just
have src-release remove the .cvsignore files, not `make distclean'.

Ian