Object file information

Hi,
  Is there any reader utility which can read the .o
files generated by the assembler.
  I want to get the .text, .data, .bss from the object
file.
  Iam aware of the "size" bin utility.
  When i give the object file as input to the "size"
utility it is not accepting it.
  It is saying that the file format not recognized
  Please help me if there is some other possibility to
get the information from the .o file.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Siva