Re: Binutils is broken by the linker change

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 01:55:10PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 06:24:47PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > Here is the patch for new tests.
>
> Thanks.

I will check it in.

> > BTW, have you looked at the new -z defs patch:
> >
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-03/msg00361.html
>
> Yes, I looked at it and noticed that you removed most places that deal
> with unresolved_syms_in_shared_libs.  That seemed wrong to me, but I
> haven't had time to properly think about it.

There is no need to check unresolved_syms_in_shared_libs when we
relocate a section in an input relocatable file. If an undefined
symbol is referenced by both relocatable file and shared libary,
and we tell the linker to ignore the undefined reference in
relocatable file, elf_link_output_extsym in elflink.h will catch it
later. Otherwise, we may get a message saying there is an undefined
reference in the relocatable file while we tell the linker to ignore
it.

H.J.