Re: About bfd (Binary File Descriptor)

libra <mr924352@cs.nthu.edu.tw> writes:

> If we add new file format in binutils, we must add new file like
> cpu.-arm.c elf32-arm.c (ex:for ELF in arm).
>
> There are also some files like bfd.c, bfd-in.h,archive.c,targets.c and so on.
>
> My question is that:
>
> How these file communicate with each other?

I'm sorry, I don't understand this question.

> What is different between bfd and ELF?

BFD is a library for reading and writing object files.  It supports a
number of different object file formats.

ELF is an object file format.  It is one of the object file formats
which BFD supports.

On a typical GNU/Linux system, you can get some very limited
information by running the command 'info bfd'.

Ian