Re: ia64: add option to suppress warnings about A/B-step errata

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 17:15, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I think this is what you are asking for, and it is what I intended to
> do all along.

OK.  I probably misunderstood what you meant.  I agree that the
assembler option should not be passed down by default, it should be
passed down only if the gcc -mb-step option is used.  It is very rare
for anyone to use that gcc option anymore.  We can probably drop it if
we can convince the ia64 linux kernel maintainers to stop using it.

> Specifically, how do I write a test case that looks for a diagnostic
> message when and only when assembled with specific options?  I see how
> to write an expected-diagnostic test case but not how to run it with
> specific options, and it is not clear to me whether an
> expected-diagnostic test case must always fail to assemble.

I don't know either, but it isn't hard to find out by using grep.

run_list_test takes two arguments, the first is the test case name, the
second is the gas options to use.  See the code at the top of the
ia64.exp file, and the uses in this file.

run_dump_test is more general.  See the comments before the code in the
gas/testsuite/lib/gas-defs.exp file.  You can put various options in the
.d file to control what happens.  There are a few examples of this in
the ia64 testsuite directory.  See for instance alias-ilp32.d.

If you need something else, then make your own function that does what
you need, or look around to see if there is another one in gas-defs.exp
that does what you want.  run_list_test is pretty small, it shouldn't be
hard to modify it to do something different if necessary.  I don't think
this will be necesary though.