Re: New architecture

Craig Hackney <craig.hackney@xilinx.com> writes:

>     I was wondering if any one could fill me in on the procedure for
> having a new target architecture added to binutils.

Provided that you've completed the port :-), you need to submit it for
inclusion in the FSF binutils source tree.  You should submit patches
and ChangeLog entries as described by the GNU coding standard (send
them to the binutils list).  You also need to have FSF copyright
assignment paperwork completed that assigns copyright of the work to
the Free Software Foundation.

As usual, the best strategy for submitting large patches or new ports
is to try and minimise the impact to the source tree.  Avoid changes
to target independent parts of the tools, if at all possible.

Ben