Re: How to generate a patch for a new file?

At Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:40:46 +0000 (UTC), "Dave Korn" wrote:
>   And if you don't have write-access to the sourceware CVS, your only way of
> getting a file added to it is by submitting it as a patch.
>
>   Now do you see why it's a catch-22? <g>

Note that this is an issue even if you *do* have write access.  (e.g.,
personally i prefer to work in anon-cvs trees for safety from
accidental commits.)

As noted previously, there are solutions.

I just coded up a script to fake Entries entries for added files,
since I need this somewhat often and always forget how to do it.  it's
attached.  (Under no circumstances should anybody e-mail me asking for
support.  No support or warranty of any kind is provided.  8-)

cgd