Re: [patch/rfc] Add host's floatformat

> Really, I don't see why this is better than a hardwired table
> mapping CPU to floating point format.

Because most FPUs are IEEE, so except for the ones that aren't, it
will auto-detect the FPU type.  Having a table means that CPUs default
to "broken", rather than defaulting to "probably works".

It also means we don't have to keep tweaking the table as people
change their minds about CPU naming schemes.