RE: cvs HEAD fails building bfd: msgfmt not found

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Dave Korn wrote:
>   Do you suppose it's possible that when I've done CVS builds before, some
> kind of generated files were already uptodate (having been recently
> regenerated in CVS) and so there was no need for msgfmt to run?  (I don't
> know how gettext works or even what are its inputs and outputs, although I
> know it's something to do with .po and .gmo files).
>
>   Otherwise I'm going to have to conclude that I must have had the cygwin
> development version of the gettext package (which *does* have msgfmt)
> installed and absent-mindedly downgraded/uninstalled it at some point.
> Right now, all I know for 100% sure is "But it never *used* to do that!"

Assuming the problem is "just" a missing msgfmt, it would be a
flaw in the configury that NLS isn't then automatically disabled
(unless --enable-nls is *specifically* requested).

Dare I suggest filing a bug report?  (Don't forget to include
all configure options and cygwin package versions as
applicable.)

brgds, H-P