Re: Support for Amiga 0x3F3 binary format

Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de> writes:

> The "simple" startup code would basically open one of the powerpc
> support libraries (which are resident, so if the open fails, no support
> is present), push the registers onto the stack and invoke the startup
> function on the ppc side, then, when that returns, close the library end
> exit. I'd expect doing that in PIC code would need about 100-200 bytes.

It might be acceptable to code this, assemble it, and then embed the
machine code as a (commented!) hexadecimal array in the
target-specific code for this platform.  Similar things are done for
code sequences that have to be synthesized by the linker - take a look
at e.g. elfxx-ia64.c's plt_* arrays.

zw