Re: [patch] Dwarf3 CIE format

Hi Paul,

There is one other point.  There is a comment in bfd/elf-eh-frame.c just
above the patched code:

     /* Note - in DWARF2 the return address column is an unsigned byte.
        In DWARF3 it is a ULEB128.  We are following DWARF3.  For most
        ports this will not matter as the value will be less than 128.
        For the others (eg FRV, SH, MMIX, IA64) they need a fixed GCC
        which conforms to the DWARF3 standard.  */

Does this comment still apply ?

No. It should be removed. The field type (ubyte vs uleb128) is now deduced from the version number.

Good - that is what I was hoping you would say. In which case I will apply update your patch to remove the comment as well.

Cheers
 Nick