Applying a new port to Binutils project

Hi,

I was looking for a binutils-patch mailing list, but unfortunately haven't
found one,
so i have no other choice than to bother this mailing list...

I am looking for documentation regarding the procedure of applying a new
port to Binutils project.
This is a 32-bit architecture named CRX, developed by
National-Semiconductor Corp.
A similar patch was already sent to GCC.
All FSF legal issues were already solved and approved.

A question that currently bothers me is :
Should the CRX patch be updated with the latest Binutils snapshot,
or is it enough to be compatible with the latest release (2.15) ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
      Tomer Levi