Re: as.info built in the source directory?

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

> > They don't need to be built into the srcdir in order for them to be
> > included in the source distribution.  The source tree and the
> > distribution are distinct.
>
> I don't think the FSF cares how we get the files into a source
> distribution, as long as they're there.  A consistent workable
> solution would be nice ;-)

It seems like this is something that Automake should be helping us
with.  Here's an idea: have info files built in the source tree, but
included in a distribution.  This would mean that "dist" depends on
some degree of "all" (all-info?).  I don't know if that's a good idea
or not.

Ben