Re: [RFC] ARM Floating point defaults

On Aug 5, 2004, at 2:37 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:

I think that we ought to make it a principle that GCC (for ARM) always tells GAS explicitly what ISA and ABI it has used to produce its assembler output, so that whatever defaults are built in to GAS are ignored.

If you're going to do that, then why not change GAS's default to "issue an error message and exit unless the ISA and ABI are specified"?