Re: support for extensa mul16, fp, etc ?

Hi Greg,

[I am including Bob Wilson, the official binutils Xtensa maintainer on the To: line - Hi Bob!]

Does binutils-2.15, with the xtensa target, have support for the 'optional' instruction
sets, e.f. mul16 option, fpu option, etc?

It does not appear so. :-( I have checked the sources and although macros like XCHAL_HAVE_MUL16 and XCHAL_HAVE_FP are defined, they are not used anywhere. This applies to both the 2.15 sources and the current binutils sources in the CVS repository.

Because gcc-3.4.1 does .. and my gcc build is
failing due to the assembler not recognizing
the 'mul16u' instruction.

I hope that this is just a temporary snafu and that someone soon will be contributing code to binutils to add support for these instructions...

Cheers
  Nick