Re: m68k reloc types

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> >> No, it does not create a GOT.
> >
> > Any got access creates the got and the load should only be created if
> > there are other got accesses.
>
> What do you mean with "load"?

The initialization of %a5. Anyway, it doesn't make mich sense to change
this now and the main point is to avoid creation of a got entry for
_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_@GOTPC, as it's already done.

> > -fPIC creates 32bit offsets
>
> Use -fpic.  Only very few shared libraries are big enough to require
> -fPIC.

Well, the point was that with -fPIC it shouldn't make a difference to use
the pc as pic register (and even saves initialization), doesn't it?
With -fpic we might want to use an offset, so we can use the full 64K
address range.

bye, Roman