Re: MIPS gas/ld -xgot handling is broken for at least mips*-linux

Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> writes:
>> - Let ld handle xgot compiled code as large single GOT again. For this,
>>   it needs either some xgot flag, or has to generally disable multi-GOT
>>   for SGI-style configurations. The elf header provides a EF_MIPS_XGOT
>>   flag, but this isn't set by gas yet.
>
> This is probably the best bet. I'd be in favor of just disabling
> multi-got for irix.

Eek!  Please don't.

I don't see why either of Thiemo's alternatives are necessary.
There's no inherent reason why -xgot and multigot should be incompatible.
The fact that they don't work together in Thiemo's testcase suggests that
he's stumbled across a common-or-garden bug.

Richard