[OT] RE: rm

  Neither of those are part of binutils.  Wrong list.  However, just at a
quick guess, I'd assume you aren't actually in the directory where you think
you are at the time when the 'rm' gets executed.  Particularly remember the
makefile gotcha that each command line of a multi-line target gets executed
in a separate shell, so if you cd to a directory on one line, the next
command line will still get executed back in the original dir.

  However, this is all OT.

    cheers,
      DaveK