RE: configuration problem for binutils

  Umm, when did this change?  I thought it was only gcc that couldn't configure
and build in the source dir?  Doesn't this mean somebody should update
binutils/README, since it still claims that

"To build binutils, you can just do:

	cd binutils-XXX
	./configure [options]
	make
	make install # copies the programs files into /usr/local/bin
		     # by default.
" ?

  FWIW, it works for cygwin native builds.

    cheers,
      DaveK