Re: RFA: Extensions to the .eh_frame linker code

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:06:51AM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Well, if we're adding a 'z' augmentation, both CIEs and FDEs can grow,
> so the fields aren't fully redundant for FDEs. [snip]

Perhaps I should have explained myself better.  I'm a little
uncomfortable with the way this struct is evolving.  We have "size"
which is the size of the FDE or CIE, "offset" and "new_offset" which
index the old and new section contents, plus assorted flags and other
data.  Now you want to add some new size and offset related fields that
to me look redundant.  I think you should be able to manage with your
new add_* flags and set new_offset in _bfd_elf_discard_section_eh_frame
to reflect any needed growth.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre