Re: GNU DWARF augmentation authority

Daniel> You want to email the dwarf2/3 committee reflector

Daniel> Email Michael Eager at eager@eagercon.com.

 Daniel> He's the committee chair, and should be able to add you to
 Daniel> the mailing list.

That's interesting.  I thought the augmentation string used by the GNU
toolchain are purely a GNU extension.  Is that not so?

Depends on what you mean by "purely". If you mean we control them, then yes, they are purely GNU.

However, i'm pretty sure they were discussed (as were other extensions) on the reflector before they were implemented, so as not to cause gratuitous problems with other extensions, etc.

I'm sure Jason Merrill can correct me if i'm wrong about this.

--david